Baby Walking With Mother
  • 13 Dec 2018

The high income child benefit charge (HICBC) was introduced in January 2013 to claw back child benefit where the highest earner in the family has total net income of £50,000 or more. The full amount of the benefit is clawed back if one of the parents has income of £60,000 or more. If this applies to your family you must tell HMRC that you need a tax return in order to self assess the HICBC. Although HMRC manages claims for child benefit, it does not know who the higher earning partners of those claimants are.

Many parents are not aware of the need to pay the HICBC. If your income rises above £50,000, HMRC does not prompt you to pay it. Some parents were issued with penalties for failing to notify HMRC of the need to pay HICBC and one taxpayer challenged his penalty and won.

HMRC has now decided to refund some parents for the penalties they were charged for failing to notify their liability to pay the HICBC for the tax years 2013-14 to 2015-16. To qualify for a refund your family must have started to receive child benefit before 7 January 2013. The penalty will be refunded automatically; you don’t have to contact HMRC.

If you need to pay the HICBC for 2016-17 or a later year you still need to inform HMRC of this liability. You can amend your self assessment tax return online for 2016-17 and 2017-18 to pay the charge, or we can do this for you.

Termination payments
Man Doing Taxes
Previous post
Travel expenses for self-employed taxpayers
Holiday Cottage
Next post

86 thoughts on “Claw-back of child benefit”

  1. Your one-stop shop to Asia’s greatest intercourse destination, find
    Tokyo Escorts, Brothels, Erotic Rubs, Blowjob Bars, Reel Groups,
    Sex Solutions and much more!

  2. Где взять займы на карту без проверок кредитной
    истории в Москве? Сначала в голову будущих заемщиков
    приходит мысль про банки, но после прочтения условий и требований она
    очень быстро отходит на второй план так
    как 99% банковских учреждений требуют:
    полный пакет документов; официальное трудоустройство; поручителей,
    которые способны подписаться под вашей ответственностью и платежеспособностью

  3. Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.

  4. Hey, you used to write excellent, but the last few posts have been kinda boring?K I miss your tremendous writings. Past several posts are just a little bit out of track! come on!

  5. Hey, you used to write wonderful, but the last few posts have been kinda boring… I miss your great writings. Past few posts are just a little out of track! come on!

  6. Hi, just required you to know I he added your site to my Google bookmarks due to your layout. But seriously, I believe your internet site has 1 in the freshest theme I??ve came across. It extremely helps make reading your blog significantly easier.

  7. What i do not realize is actually how you are not really much more neatly-appreciated than you may be right now. You are so intelligent. You know therefore significantly when it comes to this subject, produced me in my opinion imagine it from so many various angles. Its like men and women aren’t interested until it is one thing to accomplish with Girl gaga! Your personal stuffs outstanding. All the time handle it up!

  8. Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you

  9. My spouse and i felt quite fulfilled Edward could finish off his reports by way of the precious recommendations he got from your very own site. It’s not at all simplistic to simply find yourself freely giving instructions that the rest might have been making money from. We fully grasp we now have the writer to give thanks to for that. These illustrations you’ve made, the easy web site navigation, the relationships you assist to instill – it is everything astonishing, and it’s really assisting our son and the family reason why this concept is amusing, and that is especially essential. Thank you for all the pieces!

  10. I think this is one of the most significant information for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The website style is ideal, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

  11. I used to be very pleased to seek out this net-site.I wished to thanks in your time for this wonderful read!! I positively enjoying every little little bit of it and I’ve you bookmarked to check out new stuff you weblog post.

  12. Hiya, I am really glad I’ve found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and web and this is really frustrating. A good blog with exciting content, that’s what I need. Thanks for keeping this web site, I’ll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.

  13. I was just seeking this info for some time. After six hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your website. I wonder what’s the lack of Google strategy that don’t rank this type of informative sites in top of the list. Usually the top web sites are full of garbage.

  14. Very interesting points you have remarked, appreciate it for posting. “It’s the soul’s duty to be loyal to its own desires. It must abandon itself to its master passion.” by Rebecca West.

  15. I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am quite sure I’ll learn a lot of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

  16. Great beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how could i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a appropriate deal. I had been a little bit familiar of this your broadcast provided shiny transparent idea

  17. What i do not realize is actually how you’re not actually a lot more well-appreciated than you may be now. You’re very intelligent. You know therefore considerably with regards to this subject, produced me for my part consider it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men aren’t interested until it?¦s one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs outstanding. Always maintain it up!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.